Our newest tool for music discovery has been the “SplashFlood” app, recently made available on both iPhone & Android.
The app provides independent and smaller artists the opportunity to promote music to a larger audience and establish a presence in a greater community for free.
SplashFlood allows artists to upload and promote their music on the app for free, and allows listeners to discover new talent without any monthly fees.
Holding true to their mission to prove that real talent can come from anywhere, SplashFlood rewards talent through the app’s Influence Builder feature. Through this unique promotional tool, every time an artist listens to and rates a song, one of their songs in the app gets listened to and rated by another artist of the same genre. The Influence Builder gives artists the opportunity to get their music heard and validated by other artists, and helps increase their exposure to other listeners.
We recently got in contact with SplashFlood who provided us with a lot of information about the app. Features include:
– Artists can reach audiences like they never have before, through the promotional system called the Influence Builder. Every time an artist listens to and rates a song, one of their songs is played for another artist of the same genre to rate.
– Artists receive Splash Points for every positive rating they get. The more Splash Points an artist earns, the more likely one of their songs will make it on one of the app’s Featured Channels to attract even more listeners. Songs on the Featured Channels are promoted to all users of the app.
– Artists can become Influencers in their genre and help other artists with their music careers.
– Music lovers can discover talented artists and be among the first to stream new music for free.
– There are no monthly fees. Listeners can stream as many songs as they like, with no ads, and artists can upload all their best recordings – for free.
– Artists can choose in which genres to upload their songs so that only fans of that genre will listen to them.
We definitely recommend taking a look at this app, and are excited to see a whole new platform dedicated to giving artists a fair shot at great attention.